Internships for Summer 2015
CWU is an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer and actively seeks to diversify its workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicant, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find Out More
For more information or questions, contact Jeff Swallom, firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.259.2950
Internship Title: Human Services Intern
Position Description: The Programs Department at Crittenton Women’s Union works directly with low-income and homeless participants to ameliorate the root causes of poverty and systematic advance opportunities for low-income women and families to thrive in Boston and beyond. A first year graduate student in Human Services or related field intern will assist the Program Staff with our Learning Teams, which focus on improving self-sufficiency with our participants and achieve program outcome goals. This includes working directly with mangers, case managers and front line staff with the development of tools and trainings/workshops for homeless participants in our Housing Programs.
Intern responsibilities will include:
- Assist Learning Team leaders as needed.
- Support Learning Teams with developing tools and workshop for participants and or staff.
- Assist with collecting data and writing short reports on progress and outcomes.
- Plan and participate in Learning Team’s events/trainings.
- Attend occasional case management meetings.
- Assist with general administrative tasks.
- Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Candidates should be interested in learning more about direct service delivery, recent developments in neuroscience that inform executive functioning, mentorship, and coaching low-income women and their families.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Experience directly working with low-income population is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet.
- Travel to Brighton; use of a car is not required.
- Eager to learn, flexible and affable.
Shifts Available: Flexible; minimum of 20 hours and up to 40 hours per week.
Internship Level: Undergraduate and Graduate students encouraged to apply.
Pay level: Volunteer/non-paid
Location: 10 Perthshire Rd., Brighton, MA 02135. Free on-site parking available.
Internship Title: Research Assistant Intern
The COO works with all programs and operations at CWU to ensure efficient goal setting, program implementation, program assessment, and strategic outcomes. The Research Assistant Intern will work closely with the COO to coordinate meetings, engage in research projects, organize trainings, and collaborate with other offices and vice-presidents as needed.
Specific Duties Include:
- Participation in research projects and conference planning.
- Facilitate COO’s internal communication to CWU-wide audiences.
- Attend occasional partner meetings.
- Assist with outreach calls and general scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with others as projects arise throughout CWU.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Candidates should be interested in learning more about poverty in the U.S. context.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have at least a 3.50 grade point average and must have junior or senior standing in history, political science, sociology, economics, public policy, neuroscience, or design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and online media sources.
- Must be self-directed and require little oversight.
Internship level: Undergraduate/graduate school level encouraged to apply
Pay level: Volunteer/unpaid
Shifts Available: Prefer minimum of 20 hours per week.
Location: One Washington Mall, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02108