Mission and Vision
Crittenton Women's Union transforms the course of low-income women's lives so that they can attain economic independence and create better futures for themselves and their families.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing safe housing, caring supports, education, and training programs;
- Innovating new programmatic designs based on research and client experience;
- Using this knowledge and experience to shape public policy and achieve social change.
CWU will be the strongest nonprofit organization promoting women's economic independence in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It will be:
- The "go-to" organization for the provision of women's education, training, case-management and supported housing by both public and private funders across the state;
- One of the most credible and authoritative voices in the nation regarding women's self-sufficiency;
- A routine innovator of new programs and public policy solutions addressing obstacles to women's economic independence;
- An organization whose program alumnae are eagerly sought after as tenants, neighbors, students, participative parents, employees as well as leaders in their communities.